Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Sparkly Shaped Card

Hi All

I would like to share with you a flowery, sparkly shaped card that opens and extend to reveal the sentiment.


Closed: 145cm x 145cm
Opened: 334cm x 145cm

I used a die for the corners to shape the card.


I used the Trellis Clarity stencil, applying Classic Stampin' Inks with the stencil brushes. I also used white pigment ink to highlight some areas before dotting glitter/stickles along these areas.

I spritz the voile in green and used the heat gun to speed up the drying time.

For the flowers I used the Agapanthus and Daisies Claritystamps with the Pansy punch, adding black gems in the middle.


I made the background first then cut it up to fit the different panels inside. I used the Tree Branch stamp through the stencil before dotting with a yellow sparkly Sakura gel pen along the leaves to add more bling.


I couldn't decide on the sentiment but then finally saw this and I thought it fits to all the blogs, challenges and products I use as well as to what I aspire to when I create my projects.

I used WoW! Silver Dollar embossing powder on tracing paper so the background can still be seen through. I then traced the sentiment from the back with Stampin' Markers before cutting around it.


I'm really pleased with the card but it's not as striking and sparkly on the photos. I guess I need to get the lighting better next time!


I am entering this card to the following challenges:
Clarity stamp Challenge - 31 Shaped Cards
Crafting From The Heart - 79 Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - 281 Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers And More - 148 Make It Sparkle
Glitter 'N' Sparkle - 156 Add Lots Of Glitter & Sparkles

Thank you for looking

Jay

12 comments:

  1. Stunning card you have put so much work into this the colours are gorgeous. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what colours, super. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a card! It must have been a lot of work, but the result is definitely worth it: fabulous. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow fab card love it , thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word what a fab card - such a lot of work but well worth it . Good luck and thanks for entering the Claritystamp challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card shape striking colours must of taken a while but well worth it good luck clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card, such a talented guy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creation! Such a clever idea to punch the stamped flowers. Good luck in the Claritystamp challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Jay. I love everything about your card, from the shaped card base to the bright and vibrant colours. Your flowers are gorgeous and the embossed sentiment finishes the card perfectly. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's quite some project Jay! Beautiful artwork - I love the vibrant colours you've used.
    Good luck in this month's challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your card is amazing Jay... Thanks for joining in with our sparkle challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More... good luck and hope to see you again soon
    Hugs, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete