Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Peony Posey Card

Hi All

I wanted to share what I made with the Peony Posey Indigoblu stamp image I coloured on the train the other day and here it is...


I wanted a sentiment on the image but didn't want to cover too much of the image so I used parchment paper. I stamped the Indigoblu sentiment (free from a Simply Cards & Papercraft mag) with Versamark ink but then found the ink stayed wet even after using the heat craft tool. Thinking I had to throw the parchment away I decided to try the heat emboss technique. I used clear embossing powder on top and it came out ok :)


I applied small dots of glue on each corner and waited for a few minutes until they were tacky before sticking the parchment on, this way the glue wouldn't spread too much underneath. I matt and layered on kraft card before embellishing with the bow, natural grass and tiny butterflies (off cuts from Tonic Studios border punch).

I am entering this card to the following challenges:
Indigoblu Blog Challenge - 26 Off The Edge
Crafting From The Heart - 55 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - 75 Anything Goes
Glitter N Sparkle Challenge Blog - 132 Include A Butterfly
Craft Your Passion Challenges - 257 Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - 101 Things With Wings
As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Alcohol Markers or Distress Inks (Alcohol for colouring images, gems or card edges)

Thank you for looking and please leave a comment below.

Jay

6 comments:

  1. You coloured that on the train?! wowee!! its absolutely gorgeous!! . Thanks for sharing with us this week,. over at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers, this is beautiful! Your colouring is amazing! What a gorgeous card! So glad you linked up with us at Glitter n Sparkle for our Include a Butterfly challenge. Wishing you the best of luck in our prize draw!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautifully coloured floral image and great sentiment on parchment---Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! I like the different textures! Thanks for joining in the Craft Your Passion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waw this looks gorgeous! thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge! Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colouring, thank you for joining us in the Indigoblu challenge this month, good luck. Nikki K. xx

    ReplyDelete