Friday, 3 April 2015

Easter Card

Hi

Hope you are all well. Thank you all for your kind comments on the Canvas Board. I can't believe it's been a week since my last post! Minnie has been poorly and we went to the vets after work yesterday. The meds seems to be working, fingers cross she'll be better soon. It's also been quite a hectic week with work and crafting. I've done a couple of commissioned cards and I'm also doing my niece/goddaughter's Christening invites :)

Anyways, onto today's card. I've been wanting to do something with our Robert Addams' Straight Stretch Card Trellis die and Inkylicious' Wood stamp and here's the outcome.


I used the die on white card twice and cropped the edges after. I then used the stamp with brown dye ink, wait for it to dry then used the grass embossing folder at the bottom, free from Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine. I lightly went over the raised area with green ink pad and used darker green to create depth at the bottom.


I trimmed another white card to the same dimension as the trellis card and used the cloud embossing folder (another freebie), then coloured the sky with distress ink using Inkylicious' Ink Dusters. The sentiment was done on ScanNCut Canvas using the new Liverpool Font, cut on white paper and coloured using a brayer. I then used foam pads to add dimension before matting on kraft card.


The main flower is from Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Garland Sizzlit die, the leaves and rest of the fIowers were designed on ScanNCut Canvas. I used Spectrum Noir and Distress Inks to colour the flowers then added Liquid Pearls and Nail Caviar to the centre of two flowers. I stamped the 2 eggs which were free from Creative Stamping magazine, using yellow and orange dye ink pads on card, cut and stuck behind the flowers.

I am also entering the card to the following challenges:
Crafting From The Heart - 53 Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenges - 255 Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers And More - 135 Spring Has Sprung
Creative Card Crew - 84 Handmade Flowers
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - 100 Easter/Spring

Thanks for looking and as always I'd love to hear what you think so please leave a comment.

Jay






9 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Also love the colours, very seasonal/ spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter ♥ Great card and great details! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter card is gorgeous, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin'.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have combined the stamp and die, it works really well. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Mary DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wood grain stamp is really effective, especially when used with the trellis die and grass embossing folder. Your flowers are very pretty and the yellow Easter sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafting from the Heart Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first reaction to your card when I saw it was WOW. It's beautiful, I felt like I could hop right in there and stand my the fence. The flowers and everything just leap off the page yet this card still has such a simple touch to it as well. All the elements just work so well together. Thanks for joining us over at The Stamping Boutique Challenge Blog. -Annalisa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card with beautiful flowers. Just love it. Thank for playing with us at Creative Card Crew
    Big hug, Yvonne - DT

    ReplyDelete