Saturday, 25 April 2015

A6 Flip It Card Designed on ScanNCut Canvas Using Lavinia Stamps

Hi All

I wanted to share with you today the outcome of one of the rectangular landscape Flip It Card template I designed on ScanNCut Canvas. Here is the card I made using Lavinia stamps.


Once the card base was cut, I used distress inks to colour using a brayer then a sponge to make the edges more brighter. I stamped the vines and leaves using 2nd and 3rd generation stamping to add layers and depth.


For the front image, I stamped the 'Night Watch' fairy with versafine ink, more leaves around the border and made the hills with a torn piece of copy paper, dragging the distress ink down using a sponge. I used the seeds stamp to look like bubbles coming out of the horn then used a glue pen, dotted around the 'bubbles' and the wings and applied glitter dust.


I stamped the flock of birds and repeated the picture on the front. I used the brayer to stamp a mirror image of the 'Night Watch' fairy with distress ink which wasn't as intense as the versafine ink. I learnt this from Tracey Dutton's reflection technique on youtube. I haven't tried it before but you can probably use gelli plate to achieve the same effect and it might be easier to align the image where you want it to go.


  I'm really pleased the template worked. I am also entering this card to the following challenges:
Crafting FromThe Heart - 56 Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenges - 258 Anything Goes
Creative Moments - 66 Anything Goes / Spring or Easter
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog - 143 Anything Goes
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenges - 276 Things With Wings

Thank you for looking and check out our other blog to see a portrait Flip It Card at


Jay




5 comments:

  1. Your card is really beautiful. The techniques you used really stand out. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion:)
    ~ Bonnie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely creation. Love the techniques you used. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Craft Your Passion. Good luck.

    Lynn, CYP DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Flip Card..... Thank you for entering the Challenge and Good Luck ..... Marianne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful. Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafting From The Heart and good luck in the draw!

    Hugs from Finland,
    Eemeli {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only say WOW, love how you designed this flip card! I like how the background work with the image and you get two different scene.

    Thank your for playing along with our Things with wings Challenge at Crafty Catz this week.
    Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete