Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Mother's Day Cards

Hi

Here are the Mother's Day cards we've made this year:

I have used the Humming Bird stencil from Glitzcraft along with the translucent paste from Sweet Poppy through the stencil before adding different colours of glitter. The colour panel was my first attempt at doing the Caught in Crystal technique with floor polish and Aqua Tints. I really like the way this has come out and will be trying this again.
Whilst all of this dries I made the flowers. The flower stamps are from HoneyDoo Crafts and are stamped onto Vellum. I've then heat embossed in white and then coloured with Spectrum Noir Pens before shaping and layering up. Once everything was dry I've mat and layered the pieces onto Anna Marie Designs Red & Gold Pearl paper.
Its now time to assemble. For some extra finishing touches I have used some Natural Moss and Stamens from Anna Marie Designs between the flowers and some gems in the top corner.




Docrafts paper pierced around the border, matt and layered on peach card before adding the organza ribbon in the middle. 
For the topper, I cut and embossed the Creative Expression Die on Anna Marie Designs Centura Pearl card then used another peach card for the backing. I then lightly embossed an off cut of white paper with the same die but just in the middle so I can fussy cut around the edges. The sentiment was then stamped with Versafine, stuck on the topper with foam pads before the whole topper was stuck on with more foam pads.
The flowers were made with the same technique mentioned on the previous post and I also made the bead pins. I tied Tulle in a bow then added waxed cord on top. The gems were coloured with Spectrum Noir.



The flower stamps are from Honeydoo Crafts which were stamped with Distress Inks, using the masking technique on some areas. I then stamped the flowers on white paper, fussy cut around the design, curled each petals then layered on top of each other. I applied Stickles on the edges of the flowers, once dried I then added Liquid Pearls in the centre of the small flowers and a coloured gem on the big one.



Another version of my mum's birthday I shared before using the same layout but with more products:





Have a good day and thanks for looking.

Barry & Jay



1 comment: