Monday, 19 January 2015

Valentine Card

Morning

Hope you all had a great weekend. Here's what I've been working on in the last few days.


I designed the topper using ScanNCut and used Anna Marie Designs Centura Pearl paper. I then used sticky back plastic at the back of the topper and sprinkled red Spark! Tinsel by American Crafts at the front, making sure I rubbed it thoroughly to get rid of any excess tinsel. Mat & layer onto Forever Friends paper and a gold Centura Pearl paper. 

I then used an A4 Crafts-Too embossing folder on white and mat & layer onto another gold paper. I stuck a red sparkly ribbon with double sided tape before I placed the topper on using foam pads to add a bit of height. 

I cut around Sue Wilson's Border die from the French Collection to get the 6 heart shapes. I then cut 10 flowers (5 in cream and 5 in gold) using a Sizzix die with heart shaped petals (which came free with the Bigshot). I built up the flowers by pinching the petals in half; inwards for the cream and outwards for the gold before sticking them together. I then finished off the flowers with 2 different sized gems. I was playing around with the composition of the hearts and flowers for ages but am happy with the outcome.

The end dimension is 7 5/8" x 7 5/8" which can be stuck on an 8" x 8" card blank.




Hope you like the card. Any comments are welcome and thank you for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment